Throughout the year we send out many letters recalling patients for immunisation, cervical smears or attendance at special clinics. It would be helpful if you would respond to our letters promptly.
Sometimes, intimate examinations are necessary. If this sort of examination is required:
- We will explain to you why the examination is necessary and give you an opportunity to ask questions
- We will explain what the examination will involve, including whether you can expect it to be painful or uncomfortable
- We will obtain your permission before carrying out such an examination
- You will be offered the opportunity to bring along a chaperone. A friend or relative may accompany you during an examination
- At all times, we will respect your privacy during the examination and while undressing and dressing.
Your doctor and nursing staff will be happy to discuss any concerns you have about this.